Ever replaced macbook trackpad/keyboard?

Reaction score
Hello all :)

I got this macbook at the beginning of easter time after getting it replaced with a new one & a couple of months ago it began showing small grey dots that kept getting darker, and spread from where my hands usually are, and onto the keys....

I got told by a friend to use acetone nail polish remover ( a little tiny bit) which helped at the time, but now it really shows where I tried to scrub them off...

There are also dirt marks that I cant get rid of, & I always try and clean my hands every couple of hours.

I hate the look of my macbook and was thinking about replacing the whole trakcpad, I saw some new ones on ebay for about £45...is this worth it?
or I think they are £90 from Apple themselves...

Please help! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power G4/ MacBook Intel 1.83 GHz/ MacBook 2008 2.4 GHz Unibody / MBPro 2.53 GHz/ Iphone 3GS
Replacing the track pad is real easy, and the price you stated seems decently fair for a new replacement. But you could probably find a cheaper one if you continue to look, but if it is a immediate fix just buy the one from Ebay. If you need a guide let me know. Good luck! Also u could resale the dirty trackpad ur replacing, someone would buy it, and this should offset the total cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.