Virgin Media and Airport Express

Reaction score
Hi All,

There seems to be a recurring negative theme regarding virgin related posts, and mine is no different.

Could anyone tell me why I can't just connect my airport to the virgin modem via the cable which connects to the computer (or Netgear wireless if I chose to use that)?

I have several laptops here and only one Dell seems to be able to connect directly- the Acer says "no IP is assigned" and the Mac says its connected but the browser indicates there is no internet connection.

I guess this is why the airport is also having trouble, it goes green and indicates it has a full signal but there is no internet.

Grr, driving me mad.
:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Have you called Virgin and asked? I know they say they don't offer tech support for Apple, but they may have an idea.
I have no issues connecting my wi-fi router to the modem at all (it's a D-Link).
Is your modem one of the newer Virgin ones? I got a new one just by calling and asking, and anew wi-fi router, both free, so that may be an option for you?
Try calling anyway, and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.