Monolingual: Is this normal?

Reaction score
I used this and it cleared over 4 gigs. From what I read, it should have been only around a few hundred megs. Is this normal or did I have some whack problem? I've always been missing space I could never find.

Between it and deleting my printer drivers I made almost 7 gigs. Pretty sweet, but OMG, it all shouldn't have been taking up that much room, should it?

C

chas_m

The only way to really find out is to run your applications and see if you encounter any problems. The first time I ever used Monolingual, I got confused about which "version" of English I was running and screwed things up pretty good. Luckily I had not asked it to strip stuff from any third-party app, so all I had to do was reinstall the system and I was back in the saddle.

It's gotten better since then, but I still use it with great caution and full backups.

Cheers
chas_m

Evangelist, ACDSee Pro for Mac
Get the beta!
Join the community!
Help us build the next great Mac photo manager!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I recovered about 5Gb's of hard drive space using monolingual and another printer driver remover program the first time I had gotten my MBP in late '07. I used monolingual again about 3 months ago and deleted another 500mb off of my HD so I'm Happy like this---> :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hope you have a current back up in case things go 'Pear Shaped'

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Monolingual can be quite dangerous. For instance, if you have Office, you can expect to reinstall it (I know this from personal experience). I would make a backup of your data just in case as Collin Bl suggested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.