Network problem

Reaction score
Hi im new to machelper its an awesome site!!

My problem is that my internet isn't fast. When i play wow on my late 2007 black Macbook with 4 gigs of ram it only runs at like 4 fps in raids and 9-12 fps just running around which is annoying. My friend can bring his exact same Macbook over (its a 2008 model but not the unibody) exept he has 2 gigs of ram and can get 21-29 fps running around.

I was wondering is there someway my network card could have been slightly damaged or something .... a while back i did spill pop on the keyboard got it to my local apple distributer ... they cleaned it out checked the motherboard and said there was no damage (they replaced the keyboard)

thanks for the input :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The difference between your MacBook and his is that yours has an integrated GPU while his doesn't. Faster graphics will always yield better frame rates.

The only way you're going to get faster frame rates is to buy a new Mac, one that uses the later graphic chipsets.

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
really I thought they both had integrated chipsets ... i thought only the pros had regular ones or non integrated

im not 100% positive but im pretty sure they are both running the intel GMA X3100 graphics chips

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.