Bootcamp > Vista > INTERNET?!

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently downloaded vista on my iMac via boot camp, I installed the drivers, but i still cant connect to my local wireless internet? I'm very frustrated, so i need some brain power. I'd love to brainstorm with you guys! ;).

--Harako

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
After you installed the drivers (from the Leopard/Snow Leopard disc, I presume), make sure you run the Apple Software Update (from Start menu => All Programs) to get the latest updates.

OP
H
Reaction score
I can't do that without the internet though. Please reply back!

Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you connect to your wireless router using an Ethernet connection?

OP
H
Reaction score
No, I can't. I don't have a cord long enough.. But i guess i could move the computer, plug it in, download the crap, then move it back once i have wireless?

Thanks. Harako

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What precludes you from being able to connect to your wireless router? Can you give us a little detail about the steps you take and what the holdup is? The more information, the better.

Oh and phrases like "That didnt even work!" are not helpful. It would be better to describe the events that occurred to make you think it didn't work.

OP
H
Reaction score
Okay, Well.. I moved my iMac to the router, and plugged my ethernet cable to both sides, my iMac, and my router. Then, I went into the place where you connect or look for the network. It was not there? It says there are no connections available. I tried plugging it into different ports after i plugged and tried it out on the right one. Still nothing as of now. And yes, i have installed the drivers from the Leopard disc.

Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, Well.. I moved my iMac to the router, and plugged my ethernet cable to both sides, my iMac, and my router. Then, I went into the place where you connect or look for the network. It was not there? It says there are no connections available. I tried plugging it into different ports after i plugged and tried it out on the right one. Still nothing as of now. And yes, i have installed the drivers from the Leopard disc.

Thanks.

Right-click on 'Computer' in the Start Menu. Click Manage. Open Device Manager and see if there are any items with a yellow "!" sign next to them. It really sounds like the drivers didn't install for some reason.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apparently the Boot Camp drivers didn't install right. Go ahead and run the install again, make sure that you approve the installation of any "unsigned" drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.