Anti-Virus

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wanted to know what kind of anti-virus you all use. I just got a 13" MBP for Christmas and would like to get something good for it. I've found a couple free ones but are these kind any good? What about the one on apple's website? The reason I ask is because I'd expect hackers etc to target the free online anti virus programs before the payed ones. What do you all use and find best?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reaction score
if you run dual OS, a AV program should be installed. I used ClamXav and it can detect well on my Mac. Do not use Norton Antivirus, it will cause problem to your Mac when you removed them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
if you run dual OS, a AV program should be installed. I used ClamXav and it can detect well on my Mac. Do not use Norton Antivirus, it will cause problem to your Mac when you removed them.

You only need the AV for the windows partition of the Mac you have it on.
No need to complicate things with the OP after he has read the Sticky on AV on you mac.
Waste of time and space to have any on your Mac, but yes is well worth it to have one for the windows side of it as it runs just like any windows PC and is open to all sorts of virus/malware/trojans ......
Dont take the risk

Cheers

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! What that article said was exactly what I was afraid of, which is another reason I asked. Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.