• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

More trouble for 27" iMac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like the 27 inch iMac shipments have been delayed. More problems afoot? LINK

Regards.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is most likely Apple doing the wise thing and checking things out on the 27" before there are too many returns/replacements causing problems..

Though, I'd be really curious to see how many have bought the 27" iMac and have had no problem, that'll be a better representative of how well this iMac is fairing..either way, will probably order one in a month or so..

Regards

Reaction score
i ordered mine on the 9th and received it on the 19th. no problems at all with mine so far.

it was a "standard" 3GHz 27" core duo with no upgrades

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
There probably are tons and tons of customers who have received their with no problems at all. But there is still a large amount of customers who have problems. Whatever the cause is, apple should quickly figure out a fix because I'm sure this probably isn't going to give them a rep.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
@idrinorbarsaku, but that's just the point. If they sell 1000 27" iMac's and 5 people have issues, for which they get replacements that work..is that really indicative of anything other than hardware behaving badly?

Either way..the entice of the 27" screen and the i7 quad core power is too alluring to ignore..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
@idrinorbarsaku, but that's just the point. If they sell 1000 27" iMac's and 5 people have issues, for which they get replacements that work..is that really indicative of anything other than hardware behaving badly?

Either way..the entice of the 27" screen and the i7 quad core power is too alluring to ignore..:)

Regards

Somehow, I think the ratio of good/bad iMacs is worse than 200/1! Either way though, one day, I will be in the market for an iMac...it wouldn't deter me from getting it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
Mine has been fantastic, the screen was flickering at the start but the software update did the trick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
The question that I can't find, and that Apple is obviously not going to publish, is...

What is the percentage of defective or problematic 27" monitors? It is is up in the whole numbers, like 2 or 5 percent, or just a bump like .02 percent. Not that either is a satisfaction parameter if you happen to get a bad one.

A high number is probably either a design flaw or manufacturing process problem. A lower number indicates usually indicates an assembly glitch.

Lex

Reaction score
A friend of mine ordered it on the 10th of jan and got it 10 days later. He doesn't have any issues with the display either. Though now I am curious to hear how many iMacs have problematic 27" monitors, since I would like to buy one someday...

-Alec

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.