Should "Two-Sided Printing" be an option on my HP Deskjet F2480 / OS X Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
Because any time I try to print to it - whether I do it via USB or over my Airport Express - the "Two-Sided Printing" option is always grayed out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I'm not familiar with that specific printer, but from my experience two-sided printing in OS X literally means that the printer is capable of printing on both sides of the paper at once. It confused me a bit at first because my printer's Windows driver had a faux two-sided print option that printed every other page and then allowed me to re-feed the paper upside-down to print the other sides. In OS X, there is no automatic way to do that that I know of, but there are two printer presets (Even Pages and Odd Pages) that make it relatively simple.

In short, I don't think so, unless the printer is truly capable of two-sided printing. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Because any time I try to print to it - whether I do it via USB or over my Airport Express - the "Two-Sided Printing" option is always grayed out!

That printer is manual duplexing only. See your owner's manual for specifications. Printer driver support for duplexing is included for Windows, however, it requires that you manually reset the paper for duplex printing.

You need to check with HP to see if their latest OS X drivers provide the same manual duplex support.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.