Need some good advice on software to build a web page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am only an iPhone 3G 16GB apple user right now.
I am new to this so please forgive me when I ask it. Is there any free software that I could use to build a web page,(pesonal use) that will be able to support both a windows machine and an Apple? I don't have an Apple just yet but I am holding out to see if there is anything new on it's way.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am only an iPhone 3G 16GB apple user right now.
Yes I understand that it does, I have been working there for 2 years now. I just can't afford an Apple so I'll be useing my HP till I can get my self the MacbookPro 15

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Hey guys, the learning curve for HTML is pretty steep. And, without a wysiwyg app a beginner is going to be totally lost.

I think you ought to investigate some PC forums and see what those guys recommend. I'm sure there are a number of good free web development programs out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If you're looking at a Windows app, and want power but flexibility at low cost, so far the one I've found that is most appealing has been WYSIWYG Web Builder ( WYSIWYG Web Builder ) - it's fairly powerful, fairly easy to use, blah, blah and the price isn't terrible - only negative is it's Windows only.

Unfortunately, aside from Dreamweaver, there aren't too many WYSIWYG based packages that are both OSX and Windows that have flexible layouts through drag and drop. (there are tools from W3C and others, but they aren't as easy for moving around objects and such).

Reaction score
I have had some great experiences with Dreamweaver. Definitely recommend it. You can download a free trial. Its around $200, but you will have to buy separately for mac and windows. You could download the trial version on your Pc, and then later buy the mac version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Having worked as a web developer, i can say that Bluefish is pretty good. Dreamweaver gives very poor code that will not pass validation in place from the W3C.

notepad++ is ok but more for advanced coders. Bluefish is really good though and you can get a Mac version also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.