Pictures not showing up in attachments

Reaction score
I am receiving .rtf files that have pictures in them but i do not see the pictures when i open the attachment. If i send the file to my pc, i can see the picture.

Is this the correct forum? Does anyone know what i can do to be able to see the rtf document with the pictures

Please any help. Not sure where things went wrong. still can not view embeded rtf pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I receive .rtf attachments almost every day from my office and all i do is click the "quick look " button and there they are , then if its something I want to save I just send it to downloads.. So perhaps you could try this or right click and select " open with "

Clay

OP
S
Reaction score
i have tried quick look, opening it with pages, text edit

downloading before opening it.

when running the cursor over the attachment it is rtf mimi msword

C

chas_m

This is an off-the-wall suggestion, but IIRC, RTF files with graphics embedded in them should have the .RTFD extension rather than just RTF. Try that and see if that helps.

Cheers
chas_m

Evangelist, ACDSee Pro for Mac
Get the beta!
Join the community!
Help us build the next great Mac photo manager!

OP
S
Reaction score
ok i must have done something sometime because i was able to look at them early today and now i can not see pictures embedded in .doc either. do not remember doing anything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.