i think i have buyers remorse.

Reaction score
So I purchased an iMac i5 on December 26, 2009. I had a couple problems like the hard drive failing the apple store so I got a replacement. I've been using the 2nd replacement for about a week and now I'm just regretting this purchase. Don't get me wrong but I love the screen, processor, and almost everything it has to offer but the fact that I can't do some of the things I would be doing on XP. I use to be an avid cs 1.6 player and I can't really do that anymore on the mac. I'm thinking of reselling this computer or maybe not... What should I do? If I do sell the computer how much should I sell it for?

(i know most of you probably think i'm crazy but the imac isn't for me i guess)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Install Windows via Bootcamp and play CS until you fall off your chair. Problem solved. Do some research.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well there really isn't much to be said. If you prefer Windows XP over MacOS X & Macintosh computers...then your only real option is to sell it.:(

On the other hand...maybe you just need a bit more time to get used to it.

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As @mdfuller said, install WinXP through Bootcamp and enjoy. What is preventing you from doing this and enjoying CS?

Regards

OP
R
Reaction score
Well, my brother keeps telling me that I shouldn't do it because he has heard bootcamp isn't really stable and also its not like I want to casually play CS more like scrimming and stuff..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Bootcamp is not Stable? Bootcamp is:

#1 Partitioner that Partitions your drive into two partitions for OSX and Windows without hurting OSX like Partition Magic in Windows.

#2 It's an EFI Bootloader for Windows

#3 A boot menu to select OSX or Windows.

Otherwise Bootcamp does nothing. Windows is NATIVE and runs just like Windows on the same hardware on a Windows system. Bootcamp once Windows is installed does nothing.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
#4 Once you get tired of having Windows on your Mac, BootCamp can blow away that windows partition and move that space back into your OS X partition. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Give it some more time. I started with one just over three years ago, I got the second one just under three years ago and now I have my third.

My wife just began using the imac I put Windows on it as well just to make her comfortable.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.