ipod touch 1st gen to 2nd gen

Reaction score
hi

I have an old ipod touch 1st gen and I brought some applications and also have music and contacts downloaded.

Last year I got an ipod touch 2nd gen as a gift and I want to transfer the applications and all the things I have from my 1st gen ipod touch to 2nd gen ipod touch. What process should I consider?
I don't want to create another account for the iTunes.
Is there any links on how to do this, have been trying to search in google but couldn't find one.

Would appreciate your help. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hey , this should be a pretty straight forward process :D 1st make sure your old ipod is running the latest software ( this will make it alot smoother) then sync your old ipod and allow it to back-up then plug in your new ipod and restore it from the back-up you just created and your golden !

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks how about the applications? I bought some apps can i also transfer it? thanks

Do I have to register my new ipod touch again? Because as I inserted the ipod touch it asked me to register it

I register my old ipod touch so I'm not sure if I need to do the new one.

Thanks

In my iTunes account will I have 1 account only or 2 accounts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
I think you'll need to name your new iPod the same as the original, that way it'll be associated with your iTunes account.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks brianwmay...
i'm not sure because i called the technical support they said i'll just copy my files and when i log in to my iTunes account, it will automatically take the previous records in my old iPod to the new iPod. But never tried it yet. Maybe I should try.

thanks for the reply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.