help my macbook pro plz

Reaction score
for about 2 weeks now my macbook pro mid 2009(2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM, 10.5) has been lagging really bad and getting random spinning color wheels when doing nothing more then typing this.... i have nothing else running and istat says that i have over 2 GB in unused ram.

I reinstalled osx this morning after getting fed up and it did nothing but make it worse... when i called apple care they had me restart the mac while holding command option "P" and "R". she told me it should reset the RAM and fix the problem.....it didnt.

just wondering if anyone has come across this problem and if anyone has a solution. if not then does anyone know how long i would be without my mac if i send it in. thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
When you reinstalled OS X, did you erase the disk first, and did you test it before restoring from your backup?

OP
D
Reaction score
When you reinstalled OS X, did you erase the disk first, and did you test it before restoring from your backup?

i did erase the disk and i didnt even restore it. after it booted up and i saw there was still something wrong i didnt bother to restore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.