Imac and new wireless keyboad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
I bought a new wireless keyboard for my Imac.
I was able to 'pair it up', but now when trying to set up my keyboard my Mac states 'no keyboard found'.
Is there software I may be missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Go to Bluetooth icon in Menu bar and select Browse Device and that should show it up and allow u to connect.
If icon not in menubar go to Sys Pefs/Bluetooth and check the box in there.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to Bluetooth icon in Menu bar and select Browse Device and that should show it up and allow u to connect.
If icon not in menubar go to Sys Pefs/Bluetooth and check the box in there.

Weird, it does show up under my blue tooth as paired and connected, but still pops up 'no keyboard found' when I try to set it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
still pops up 'no keyboard found' when I try to set it up
If it is paired and connected why are you trying to set it up? If you open Text Edit can you type in that App? Give things a moment to sort themself - even now there are times where my keyboard takes 10 - 20 secs to configure itself on start up so i can type in my password. What OS are u on?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it is paired and connected why are you trying to set it up? If you open Text Edit can you type in that App? Give things a moment to sort themself - even now there are times where my keyboard takes 10 - 20 secs to configure itself on start up so i can type in my password. What OS are u on?

Well after 2 full days, I have no volume control nor any other function related to the top row of buttons.
THAT is what I need to set up, otherwise it it functions as a type writer does.
I am on a year old computer OSX.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well right after replying to this, I got 4 automatic updates,one was for the wireless keyboard.

I installed, waited-waited-waited.................one hour
Just NOW started working, so now I have audio control and the other buttons across the top work.
It is amazing it took so long.

They work, but I still cannot go in and program them myself,maybe on the wireless those choices are not ours to make.
I programmed all of my buttons on my wired key board.

Oh well, its working now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.