Mac Mini Problem??

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini not sure exactly which model most prob the late 2007 model anyways when I had to reinstall the operating system I had a couple problems installing it obv I did a clean fresh install....I was getting errors or some ****.....Once I have the OS installed I install all my programs and stuff I install an application called Drive Genius in which I have on my MB and I used it plenty of times all successfully with no problems and it does make your computer faster to open up problems and all and boot.....When I perform this on my Mac Mini it says defrag fails and then when it reboots it goes into kernal panic this happened 4 times.....?? ughhhhh Im guessing it is a hard drive issue can anyone here agree with me it wont even scan to check for bad sectors....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Might be a good plan to start out by sorting which mini you have. Go to Apple/About this Mac and post what is there in terms of processor and speed. What OS did u install? Have you looked on developers website to see if that OS is supported on Drive Genius?

OP
J
Reaction score
Might be a good plan to start out by sorting which mini you have. Go to Apple/About this Mac and post what is there in terms of processor and speed. What OS did u install? Have you looked on developers website to see if that OS is supported on Drive Genius?

It came with leopard but I upgraded to Snow Leopard it is 1.86hgz with 1gb or 1gb not sure...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Two things you can try really fast. First boot from the OSX DVD that came with your Mini. From the Utilities Menu up top select Disk Utility and click on the drive. See what the SMART Status says at the bottom. Does it say passed?

Also Boot holding down D with the DVD that came with the Mini (Not the 10.6 one) and it will load the Apple Hardware Test. Run the extended test and see if it finds any issues with the hard rive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.