2 iphoto/ photo management questions..

Reaction score
Hi guys, a couple of quick questions regarding photo organisation/uploading/iphoto.

1. is there any tool or feature either in iphoto 09 or in the imac 27" OS that allows to batch re-size an event or a group of photos?

and..

2. On iphoto, is there anyway you can *choose* which photos to upload to Facebook or flickr because whenever I try this feature, the mac automatically tries to upload the *entire* folder..I just want to select a few pictures int he folder to send to Facebook etc..

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I did something similar using Automator. I created a folder in my Pictures folder and any image files I drag in there are automatically opened in Preview and re-sized. I also have them attached to a new email, but you can just leave that step off at the end. Find the actions on the left-hand side and drag them to the workflow on the right just like this example.

And I don't know anything about the facebook question. I don't use that.

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Yes there is.. Choose File -> Export -> on the File Export tab there is a drop down menu with 4 choices (unfortunately you can't choose exact sizes. I know this because I found the instructs on the net (google "batch resize" iphoto mac) and it works.

As per the Facebook feature, unless I did something wrong, I wasn't impressed as I ended up retagging as per the naming facebook uses.
No.

See my signature for a tool that can do that and a WHOLE lot more.

Yes. All you have to do is *select* those pictures *before* you press the Facebook or Flickr button.

Hope that helps!

Cheers
chas_m

Evangelist, ACDSee Pro for Mac
Get the beta!
Join the community!
Help us build the next great Mac photo manager!

Reaction score
Hi guys, a couple of quick questions regarding photo organisation/uploading/iphoto.

1. is there any tool or feature either in iphoto 09 or in the imac 27" OS that allows to batch re-size an event or a group of photos?

and..

2. On iphoto, is there anyway you can *choose* which photos to upload to Facebook or flickr because whenever I try this feature, the mac automatically tries to upload the *entire* folder..I just want to select a few pictures int he folder to send to Facebook etc..

cheers!

iPhoto will batch resize using Export and clicking on Custom, but I think a much better way is to use Preview that came on your Mac, it gives you more options. Make a folder on the desktop and drag the Event or photos from iPhoto and drop in it. I keep a couple folders on the desktop just for working with photos. Next drag the folder to the dock and drop on "Preview", Preview will then open with all the photos in a side bar. Use Select All" under the Edit menu or "command +A", then under the Tools menu select "Adjust Size" and set it up any way you want, actual sizes or percent. If you drag the Event or photos from iPhoto and drop on Preview it will resize the original photos inside iPhoto and you may not want to change them.

To add photos to Facebook from iPhoto Make a "New Folder" in the side bar and give it the Name you want to show in Facebook. Next drag the photos to that folder and click the Facebook button. After they have uploaded you will find a Facebook folder in the side bar. You can add more folders if you want to Facebook or add and delete photos to the Facebook folders and iPhoto will update Facebook for you. I think Flicker will work the same way, I don't use it.

C

chas_m

Sorry guys! I thought the OP was asking for batch resize *WITHIN* iPhoto, not via exporting. My misunderstanding.

Cheers
chas_m

Evangelist, ACDSee Pro for Mac
Get the beta!
Join the community!
Help us build the next great Mac photo manager!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.