enthernet printer on airport network no longer available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core Duo
I have a Mac/Windows home network with two airport extreme base stations. One is connected to my dsl modem. The other is used wirelessly to extend the network, and I have a Xerox Phaser 5500 connected to one of its lan ports. Until recently, all computers, connected wirelessly could share the internet connection and print to the Phaser. Due to a power failure, I have to reset both the Airport base stations, and now I can not print from any of the computers.

The print monitor says the network host is busy, but the IP address it gives for the printer is the same assigned to my MacBook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
Assign it or your Macbook a different IP and you should be good to go

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core Duo
The printer has a different IP address. I can not figure out how to make the printer driver use it instead of the IP address for my macbook

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core Duo
What should the connection sharing be set to on my main airport. I have it set to share a public IP address. Does this even matter?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.