Is there a freeware Mac app that lets me merge (bookend) two movies into one?

Reaction score
If no freeware application exists, how about shareware?

I have two movies, the second of which picks up right where the first leaves off, and I'd like to glue them together into one movie. Can iMovie handle this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I use a different professional (not free) app so I forget about the functionality of iMovie. I would just go into iMovie and search through "Help" and see what info you can find. Also play around with it and maybe you'll get it sorted out. iMovie is VERY user-friendly and simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What format are the movies in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
MPPEG Steamclip is a great free and simple image editor that could do that, it also has plenty of export options

Otherwise iMovie can do that with ease

OP
A
Reaction score
MPPEG Steamclip is a great free and simple image editor that could do that, it also has plenty of export options

Otherwise iMovie can do that with ease

Thanks. I tried going into iMovie and adding the M4V files to a new project using the "Import Movies" function, but apparently I can't select them. In fact, it seems that the only movie files I *CAN* select are certain AVI files; iMovie grays out all the other ones. Is there a way around this?

Thanks again for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.