iPod Classic: Album Artwork Not Showing when in Main Menu

Reaction score
My issue is with my 120GB iPod Classic.
Now, this isn't a very important issue, but I'd appreciate some input on a solution, if possible. And it seems like there might be an easy fix for it.

If you know how the newer iPods function, you'll know about how, on the main menu, the screen from where you can go anywhere if you have it set up right, it shows album art when any of the music categories are highlighted, or a screenshot from a movie, if you've got Movies highlighted. That sort of thing. Well. My images aren't showing up. And it's probably my fault.
Recently, a day or two ago, I had my iPod hooked in to my comp, and I noticed there was a folder named Damaged Files. In it, were two items, one of them had a string of five or six numbers/letters and 'Artwork D8' or something. I can't remember what the other file was called. But, with out thinking, I just deleted it, cuz what kind of harm could it do, right? I'm on a Mac! What could possibly go wrong? Haha. Well. I don't know why in thehell I just deleted them like that, but I'm hoping that there's something I can do to fix this, because I do like seeing the album art on the right side of the screen; sometimes it leads me to look for what album it just showed, and see what it is.
Small side tangent: A lot of the music on my iPod, I've added myself, but really, for the rest of it, it's all just dumped on there from our family computer, which I used to have to use before I got my Macbook Pro. So I have a TON of music on my iPod that I've never even seen, heard, or knew existed. So sometimes I like to just go into Songs and with shuffle, I just see if anything interesting comes up.
So that's another reason I'd like to restore this function. Because now, all it shows on the right side is '18 Playlists' with the icon, or '214 Movies' w/ icon, etc.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.