ibook clamshell and mac os panther

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
My friend has a blueberry ibook clamshell. It says panther can run on it. (it has 300 mghz). But I wonder if panther runs fine on it. I mean I am using a pb 1.5 and panthers great. But I don't see how it could run on that since its so old. Shes upgrading the hard drive to 60 gb from the 5.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
terpfan said:
My friend has a blueberry ibook clamshell. It says panther can run on it. (it has 300 mghz). But I wonder if panther runs fine on it.

Panther will indeed run fine on the Clamshell. As long as you have realistic expectations of how the machine will perform, you and your friend should be quite happy with it. It obviously isn't going to be blazingly fast, but it will be perfectly useable.

terpfan said:
But I don't see how it could run on that since its so old.

Welcome to the world of Macintosh, and systems that actually have a reasonable useful life span with even the newest OS's. ;)
One of my main everyday computers is a Power Macintosh AIO built in 1998, and even though it's 7 years old, it's happily running Panther 10.3.9.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive seen clamshell ibooks running panther, it usually gives the ibook new life, also depends on ram, BTW, minimum ram for panther is 128.

S

sonofapplepm

My clamshell runs panther fine. I do have 320mb ram, which helps. It's no speed demon, but it works just fine!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.