Mouse help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" Stock
I hope this isn't a silly thread. I have minor problem, something I hope can be solved. I used to be a PC owner and I made the switch to mac. Now Im not a fan of the trackpad and such, so I connected my usb mouse, its logitech. I messed with the mouse setting in system preferences but it still seems odd to me. I don't really know how to explain it, unlike the PC, it doesnt have fast precise pinpoint ability. Its laggy I guess you can say, and I was wondering if theres a driver for connecting usb mouse that arent from apple or something to fix this. Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You're likely looking for the tracking speed. Go to System Preferences > Mouse (which you're familiar with) and mess with the tracking speed.

OP
Grizzly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" Stock
I tried it, but I think its something I'm going to have to live with. Its just not the same. Nothing can be exactly the same, know what I mean? Lol, can't be picky. Thanks though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Try steermouse

You can adjust the acceleration (which is what I think you are having problems with).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I think I know what you mean about the way the mouse is acting. I got mad at my Mighty Mouse a year or so ago, and bought a 3rd party wireless mouse. I think it was a Logitech. It never seemed quite right. "Laggy" is a good description. It just seemed to be swimming through molasses. I tried everything, and couldn't get it to work normally. And I'm an experienced computer guy. I finally gave up and went back to the Mighty Mouse. By the way, I've replaced my Mighty Mice with Magic Mice, and I'm a whole bunch happier. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I hope this isn't a silly thread. I have minor problem, something I hope can be solved. I used to be a PC owner and I made the switch to mac. Now Im not a fan of the trackpad and such, so I connected my usb mouse, its logitech. I messed with the mouse setting in system preferences but it still seems odd to me. I don't really know how to explain it, unlike the PC, it doesnt have fast precise pinpoint ability. Its laggy I guess you can say, and I was wondering if theres a driver for connecting usb mouse that arent from apple or something to fix this. Thanks.
It could just be that specific mouse that is having this problem because I also have a USB Logitech optical mouse and I use both Mac and Windows pretty frequently and have not really noticed what you are talking about. Mac's default tracking speed is different than Windows but you said you already tried playing with that setting. I don't really have any solutions for you except for trying out different mice. You might want to save the receipts in case you have to return them. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.