mac os upgrade 10.4 to 10.5 easy question?!?!?!

Reaction score
i have a mac g5,,, i upgraded from os 10.4 to 10.5,,, all is good except when i transfer files between local drives,(sata) external drives,(firewire, esata, ect) or network drives, the finder no longer displays the transfer speeds like it did in os 10.4,,, is this normal? is there any way to enable this?,, or is this feature just gone in os 10.5? i have done some searching and cannot find any information on this??? i work with large files,, 50gig+ and really miss this feature,,, any info will be greatly appreciated c

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 Mini's (1.83(2GB ram/320GB HDD & 2.26 GHz 2GB ram/160GB HDD))
when i transfer files between local, external or network drives, i no longer have transfer speeds like i did in os 10.4,,

I don't know of any reason why it would slow down unless some settings got changed? I'd check ethernet settings first.

Apple -->System Preferences -->Network --> Ethernet --> Advanced --> Ethernet.

Is yours set to 'automatic' or 'manually'. I use automatic and I have no problems with xfer speeds

Mark

OP
W
Reaction score
i'm sorry i should have been more clear,,,, the finder no longer displays the transfer speed between drives, since the upgrade,, i will edit my post,, thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another couple thoughts.

Do you have multiple computers on your network?

What is the xfer speed like when your using those systems?

Have you tried resetting your routher? Unplugging it, letting it sit for a minute or two and powering it back on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah ok - That one I can not answer, I only started playing with MACS at version 10.5.x

However, I've been using MenuMeter, you can configure it to show different items and how they are displayed on the menu bar and its a free application.

Raging Menace - MenuMeters

OP
W
Reaction score
@ kb2ehj,,, dose your finder display transfer speeds when you copy files from one drive to another? i'm not even sure if the feature should be there in 10.5, or did something go wrong with the upgrade?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.