Canon PIXMA MP560

Reaction score
I just got my Mac Book Pro a few hours ago and I can not get it to locate the printer on the wireless network. It does see the scanner and that's all. I have followed the advice from the other PIXMA posts here: reinstalled with USB attached and installed from disc then from update. Absolutely no joy.

Any advice is appreciated.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I just had the same problem with my PIXMA MP990. I fought with this for several hours. Sounds like you have tried everything that I did. I can mention two things that worked for me until I finally got wireless printing working:

1. If you have something like a Time Capsule that can be used as a print server it should work that way. At one point my previous printer (the Canon 980) was scanning wirelessly through Canon's system but printing through the Time Capsule.

2. If you have the printer running under Leopard and then upgrade to SL it seems to preserve the settings at least for me.

3. A few posters on other sites have suggested that a quick call to Canon support got the whole thing sorted out rather quickly.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Slydude! I called Cannon support and they walked me through the setup in a few seconds.

First make sure you instal the MP560 series MP Driver Ver 1.0 for network when you instal from the disc. Then on Sys Prefs - Add printer - Defaults (I swear my printer was not there last night) - Printer name: Canonijnetwork - Print using: Canon MP560 Series - Default printer: Canon MP560 Print a test page and you should be all set!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad that worked out for you. I think that's the procedure I finally ended up with though I tried so many different things I am just not sure. Canon's list of drivers for the PIXMA MP990 is rather confusing.

At one point my problem was fixed because Software Update recognized the printer and informed me of the updated driver. Last night though that didn't work because Software Update apparently thought I had the correct driver.

OP
J
Reaction score
Constant verify scanner

I thought I'd share this as I spent an hour on the phone with tech support this morning.

Every time I scan a document to my Mac I get the "Allow or Verify" popup on my screen and it's annoying as snot. Canon's tech support had me verify the printer was enabled in the advanced securities tab, then had me remove, add the MP Navigator EX 3.0, then we checked Mac's firewall which was/is the problem. I reset the firewall and was able to scan without a need for verification a few times but I ultimately had to stop the firewall to scan and then re-enable it afterwards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.