Unibody Macbook Pro: Broken Rear Display Housing

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a unibody 2.4 core duo Macbook Pro. After taking a spill, the rear display housing is coming apart. Something has come loose behind the aluminum panel.

Apple technicians only suggest replacing the entire LCD! The LCD and glass is perfectly fine, but the housing may not last much longer before it completely falls apart.

I'm having a hard time find any replacement parts or how to manuals.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Christopher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" (mid-09) | Specs:(2.26Ghz CPU,2gb ram, 160gb HD, Nvidia 9400m 256mb DDR3)
Im sorry to tell you this but i don't think you can buy just the aluminum back cover for the display. Im pretty sure they don't sell them anywhere either.

Also this is a long shot but i would try a Apple Authorized Service provider. They might be able to help you more than the Apple techs.

To find one in your local area:
Apple - Service Provider Locator

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That is correct, according to the service manual, the panel is not serviceable - you'll need to replace the whole thing (major bummer).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.