Can you send a song from your iphone???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
If your asking if you can send a song that you have in the ipod portion of an iphone then that would be no.

Clay

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why not just sync your iPhone with iTunes and send the file from your Mac/PC assuming you have the right to distribute the file?

OP
C
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how to do that because I don't have an iphone. In order to send the song, it would have to be in itunes correct? Or downloaded on the phone somehow? There isn't an app or anything that sends songs?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is there any way to send a song from your phone?

If your asking if you can send a song that you have in the ipod portion of an iphone then that would be no.

Clay
Your question has already been answered.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It is possible but the method to do so requires you to jailbreak your iPhone which I don't recommend. This is assuming the instructions I found still work as they are more than 2 years old.

Reaction score
Yes, I think it is easy to send a song from iPhone to iPhone as well as transfer music from iPhone to Android.
It is helpful to use iTunes to transfer music from one iPhone to another.
open your iTunes on your laptop or iphone
on iPhone- go to settings
tab click on music
go to the bottom of this screen, it says "HOME SHARING"
save it
Now go to the other device you want to transfer your music
get out of the your setting
go to iTunes on your phone
tab click shared, it will ask your library name , select it
it will refresh it with in few seconds

C

chas_m

The method ChristinWein outlines will work for iPhones that are part of your home network; it cannot be used to send songs to random people or anyone who is not on your home network.

A little more explanation of why your boss wants to "send a song" somewhere would be useful, but assuming this is some sort of original work that he owns the rights to, he could locate the song file and put it in a Dropbox-like service and just send the recipient the URL in an email.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm sure this 5 year old post was settled long ago, but perhaps the information that was provided can benefit someone else.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Speaking out of the box and therefore probably out of my mind — you could in theory, open a new message and use the microphone on the right side (normally used for speech dictation) to record any sound source such as a short tune from the radio or iTunes and then send it as a sound file. Now the question is whether the system allows or recognises music as it's purpose is to identify speech and translate into digital language.

Well, I tried it out. I can't say that my wife was particularly excited to get a text with a music file containing "Abide with me" at 11pm; but in the interests of scientific enquiry, I can confirm that this does work. So you can send a song via text, but only in the way I described. I don't sense a Nobel prize coming my way, but it works...

Ian

EDIT: one senses an opening for karaoke parties. No, I never said that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.