Antivirus when running Windows on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried iBank. It's a good program, but didn't quite fit my needs.

Have a look here - my brother uses it on his Mac for his plumbing business but only uses Windows for Share trading

OP
M
Reaction score
Have a look here - my brother uses it on his Mac for his plumbing business but only uses Windows for Share trading

Thanks for the suggestion . . . However, before purchasing my Mac, I download the trial version of Money Works Cashbook to my PC. I chose Cashbook over Express or Gold because my accounting background is limited & I didn't want to create double entries for my transactions. Again, I wasn't impressed with Cashbook. It may just be my being unfamiliar with the program.

So far, my Microsoft Money Plus has been working good on my Mac via Parallels. I really hope a similar product will be created for Mac so I'll have one less reason to visit Windows. From the research I've done, Microsoft Money has a large number of fans.

Thanks again!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So far, my Microsoft Money Plus has been working good on my Mac via Parallels. I really hope a similar product will be created for Mac so I'll have one less reason to visit Windows. From the research I've done, Microsoft Money has a large number of fans.

You're correct, it does have a large number of fans including me. I managed to get along without it when I switched completely over to the Mac, but I do miss it.

BTW, you do know that MS has discontinued MS Money as of 2009? No more money..... (Sounds like my wife. :Smirk: )

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
. . . BTW, you do know that MS has discontinued MS Money as of 2009? No more money..... (Sounds like my wife. :Smirk: )

Regards.

Yes, I was aware that MS Money was d/c'd, however, it's my understanding that my program will continue to work but will not have the internet connection to the banks (I'm ok with that). I hope I'm correct with this assumption. Hmmm.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, I was aware that MS Money was d/c'd, however, it's my understanding that my program will continue to work but will not have the internet connection to the banks (I'm ok with that). I hope I'm correct with this assumption. Hmmm.

I believe some banks will still continue to allow on line access and auto updating via MS Money. It's whenever the particular banking institution no longer provides compatibility and services for MS Money that your version will no longer work on line. You need to ask your bank about this.

And yes, your copy of MS Money will continue to work as long as it meets your personal needs. I have a very old copy (MS Money 3.0 for Win 3.1) that still continues to function even in XP. I actually like it better than the newer copies I have. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.