Firefox problems - advice sought

Reaction score
I recently seem to be experienceing problems loading a number of pages through firefox. These are mostly pages i use on a frequent basis and many are bookmarked. I have used firefox for at least 2 years and never experienced this before. I have opened up safari but stll can't load these pages. I have also emptied my cache but that's made no difference.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next and I'm afraid I'm no techie.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
What OS version do you have?

Are your Firefox and Safari versions up to date?

Reaction score
I recently seem to be experienceing problems loading a number of pages through firefox. These are mostly pages i use on a frequent basis and many are bookmarked. I have used firefox for at least 2 years and never experienced this before. I have opened up safari but stll can't load these pages. I have also emptied my cache but that's made no difference.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next and I'm afraid I'm no techie.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Within the last couple days I've had an error loading websites every so often. I cant remember what the error was. It cleared up rather quickly. I am on comcast cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
What OS version do you have?

Are your Firefox and Safari versions up to date?

Are you using any add-ons?

All valid and pertinent questions. Also: What ISP? As droflex mentioned, sometimes the ISP is at fault, whether it be a modem problem or a larger, service-wide issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
If you are having the same trouble with Firefox and Safari, then it's not the browser at fault. If other websites are responding normally, then it has to be something about the particular server(s) you are attempting to access. That happens occasionally with just about every server. When it happens, I just go on to something else and come back later in the day. The problem, whatever it is, always seems to be fixed. Kind of like magic. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.