Superdrive ejecting discs

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new Mac user (abt 6 months) and needless to say, am loving the experience.

Recently I started facing a problem where my superdrive kept ejecting the dvds I inserted. These are original english movie dvds i'm talking about. Is there any chance this could be related to the region code, cause I have already changed it three times. If so, what is the best solution? I miss not being able to play my movies on my 24" :(:(:(

Reaction score
Bump.

I'm having the same issue. Original, genuine dvd's being rejected.

There must be a simple explanation.

Mitcherooney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I've been having this problem increasingly lately. There are just some discs that the superdrive won't read. Others are read with no problem. Some drives have trouble reading and/or writing to multicolored blank CD's. I think in my case it's that the drive is getting old. You might just have a touchy or even malfunctioning drive.

OP
V
Reaction score
hey i'm sorry i'm having this problem again. all the discs are being rejected and just ejecting. i'm not using any pirated discs, all original. plz advise.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Get a CD/DVD disc cleaner and give it a try.

On the cheap, I have also used (after shutting down, disconnecting power, removing the battery and waiting for a minute after, before reconnecting power) a can of air and 2-3 quick bursts in the slot in different directions.

If it's not a problem of the lens getting dusty and unable to read the discs, then your drive could be dead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.