Automating movie conversion after download finishes?

Reaction score
Hey, this may sound like an odd request, but would anyone know how to automate the conversion of an mkv file after it completes finishing?

Basically, I want to start a (totally legal) mkv torrent in the morning using Transmission, and when it finishes whilst I'm out - have it automatically start converting via VisualHub, so that it's done when I get home in the evening.

Is this possible in any way? I've had a look on Automator, but I'm not really familiar with that.

Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Is this possible in any way? I've had a look on Automator, but I'm not really familiar with that.

Any help is appreciated!

That's pretty much where my mind instinctively went first.
I've only used Automator for one task and that just so happened to be the same one in the demonstration video from Apple's support page. So I got lucky there. It is a little confusing (to me), but I do believe you can accomplish what you're wanting to do using Automator. It just take some know-how to set it all up correctly.

Maybe someone can walk you through it or come up with a better solution. :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.