• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Using full screen video with Dual Monitors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel core duo
First post here.
Im preparing for a show where we need to run full screen video using a projector from my Macbook Pro. I was wondering if there was anyway to run the video full screen while using my macbook screen to alter the playlist and use it for other jobs. Ive been testing using my LCD tv at home with the duel monitor setup and when I set the video to full screen on the TV, it causes my macbook screen to go blank. Is there anyway around this or any programs that may work better than VLC?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Only thing i have found is to use the OS DVD player and drag it out the the full screen. If you go into full screen on your other monitor and then proceed to do work o your mac it, comes out of full screen and goes into the small screen version, hence dragging it to full screen eliminates this problem i have found.

Someone might no f a 3rd party app that alleviates this problem though.
That has been my work around.
Aesthetically it doesnt look nice but works

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.