Connecting to my airport

G

goalaso08

i have an imac and an i book and whenever i try to connect to mt airport express w/ my imac it always says "there was an error connecting to airport network "..."" but when i try to connect w/ my ibook it allways works. whats wrong?

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

try to reseat your airport card... it will help more thn likely do this trick

OP
G

goalaso08

xthisisRomancex said:
try to reseat your airport card... it will help more thn likely do this trick
its not that because i can connect to my windows network w/ my imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
does your iMac have an Airport card?

OP
M

mrme

i'm having same problem. mine seems to disconnect itself from the network when i'm not looking and gives me that exact error msg when i try to connect.
my "solution" is to restart the **** thing.

i'm actually browsing this forum to hopefully find a solution

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
So if I understand correctly, you have two networks-- a Windows network and an Airport network-- correct?

Your iBook connects to both networks without a problem and the iMac only connects to the Windows network, right?

Is your Airport router (or whatever Apple calls them) set to only allow specific MAC addresses to connect? Or is there a WEP key in place on the Airport that's not in place on the Windows networks' router?

The first thing I would look at is the configuration on the Airport router to see what security settings are in place. (I don't use an Airport router on my network, so I can't speak to how it's configured.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.