Mail signature - logo not as attachment?

Reaction score
Hi all, i have my logo in my Mac Mail signature it comes through as an attachment. i want to get rid of the attachments and I figure that i could put in my signature and logo as html. firstly i don't know how to translate my image into html and i'm not sure if it would work
thanks
Shane

OP
S
Reaction score
in fact i'm not sure html will work. i've just put together my signature in dreamweaver and then cut and past it into the my mail signature but it just came out as html?

any thoughts on how to get rid of attachments with image logos in signatures very welcome.

Reaction score
You can't. Just use a plaintext signature. Images are sent as attachments to Mail by default. HTML can be turned on or off depending on the preference of the mail client.

The only way to "guarantee" the formatting of a signature is with plaintext.

Reaction score
There's nothing stopping you from creating an HTML signature, but you cannot control whether or not it shows up correctly at the destination. For example if you e-mail me with your HTML signature and my mail client of choice is Pine. At the bottom of your mail I'm just going to see the markup.

And so it goes with other clients/people who have HTML display turned off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.