OmniWeb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Im still waiting for my copy of OmniWeb i was just wondering how u guys that use it like it. Is it fast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Here go, bringing up the dead...

I just installed OmniWeb 5.5.1 and like it so far. No speed difference from Safari, but I do like the preview image for the tabs on the side... anyone else using OmniWeb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The Omniweb web site lists itself as copyright 2004-2005. Is Omniweb still under active development?

It does look like an interesting browser, but they want money for it - $14.95. It had better be better than Safari or Firefox, which are free. Is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I just installed 5.5.1 that came on the Jan 07 MacAddict CD out of curiousity. Right now I'm not disliking it, but it isn't really making me want to pay $15 for something that has just one cool thing - snapshot images of your tabs on the left or right instead of titles on the top. Cool, but not cool enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I've used Omniweb since its NextStep days. Last year though I switched to using mostly Safari. The big reason was the startup time. Omniweb remembers your last pages loaded, even when it crashes, and reloads them upon startup. A great feature but time consuming. I intend to switch back to OW because on my recently purchased MBP I found it started reasonably fast again.

It has several features I haven't seen on other browsers. Workspaces allows me to to have certain associated pages grouped. It can, at a site level, set preferences such as browser id, image loading, font & color & style and use a custom style sheet for the site. One feature I've used in the past is to edit the HTML of a page I'm viewing to clean up a bad layout, or in pre-CSS days, change the color of text from the background or vis-versa. Such as light green text on dark green background.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
As an Opera user, downloaded it a few days ago and gave it a try for a day.
Might would use it on occasion if it was freeware, but can't pay for it vs Opera, so it became the first program to be deleted on this my first Mac. It also left a bunch of residual junk that I had to figure out how to get rid of. (My first real use of Spotlight) Only discovered AppDelete yesterday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.