Kernel Panic - HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MD546LL/A - MacBookPro9,1
Guys,

I just tried to connect my Line6 PODxt to my MacBook Pro 2.53 after installing a software that had an old driver. I got the kernel panic screen several times trying to reboot. I then unplugged the USB and it worked fine.

I don't have much in my MBP right now since it's new - should I do a clean install just to make sure? Or am I being to paranoid and the Kernel Panic ran to PREVENT any major damage from happening?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why would you want to do a clean install over a kernel panic problem that was obviously caused by a bad driver and non compatible hardware? Just don't use the POD. The kernel panic is not going to damage your machine but if you start trying to fix something that isn't broken, you might just break it. :(

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MD546LL/A - MacBookPro9,1
Why would you want to do a clean install over a kernel panic problem that was obviously caused by a bad driver and non compatible hardware? Just don't use the POD. The kernel panic is not going to damage your machine but if you start trying to fix something that isn't broken, you might just break it. :(

Regards.

Because I don't know if the Kernel Panic might have changed anything in my computer hardware OR software related.... sorry for the noob question but I want to make sure the mac is always operating at it's best.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.