iWork Powerpoint iTunes

Reaction score
Hi Mac buddies. I have 2 questions.

First, my daughter has been working on a PC. She just got a MacBook. How can she get her iTunes music from the PC onto her Mac?

Second, in school she uses Windows Powerpoint to create presentations. She wants to be able to work on them at home using her MacBook. The salesperson told her all she needed was iWork to convert her PC Powerpoint files to iWork. Can she do this without buying Microsoft Office? If this is true does it work both ways? From PC to Mac and then from Mac to PC? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am assuming both computers are on the home network.

Upgrade the Windows machine to iTunes 9. Then turn on Home Sharing on both machines. Done in the Advanced menu of iTunes. Then her Win machine will show up in iTunes under Shared, where you can just drag and drop to her Mac. Here is a small tutorial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Importing powerpoint works well and exporting from Keynote gives heaps of choice;

Click for full size

Same with Pages <Word> and Numbers <Excel> - Export or Save As both give choices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Nice one Collin.... great description!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.