iTunes Purchased Music Folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
Hi All,

When you do a new install of the OS, say TIGER, and you re-import all your music how can I get the Purchased Music Folder to re-populate? I like all the Purchased Music to show up there for easy backups.

Thanks,

Joe

Reaction score
if you didn't back them up before your install you may have lost them they will not reload unless you pay again ,if I understand your question right. I haven't seen the re-import option I could be wrong

B

Brigrat

iNAP said:
if you didn't back them up before your install you may have lost them they will not reload unless you pay again ,if I understand your question right. I haven't seen the re-import option I could be wrong

I think he is saying that his library re-imported, but his play lists didn't. I had the same problem. I was forced to recreated my playlists, because I didn't back up the .plist file. oh well!

If you didn't back up your purcased music, you are just plain screwed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can't get the music back into the Purchased Music folder. What I did was create a Smart Playlist for all Protected AAC files

OP
gunnerjoe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
I'll look into building the Smart Playlist. I went and manually built the Purchased music folder, what a pain. I had backed up the whole iTunes folder to external drive, but it didn't import like I thought it would.

Thanks,

Joe

trpnmonkey41 said:
You can't get the music back into the Purchased Music folder. What I did was create a Smart Playlist for all Protected AAC files

OP
gunnerjoe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi All,

How did you create the Smart Playlist to go out and find AAC files. Only thing I see is a way to point it at the Purchased Music folder, not file types.

Thanks,

Joe

trpnmonkey41 said:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Here is how I have it set up

Picture 1.png

OP
gunnerjoe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That worked, Thanks.

Joe

trpnmonkey41 said:
Here is how I have it set up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.