Need help with Activity Monitor

Reaction score
What should I do if there is unwanted programs that i formerly deleted taking up RAM usage. I try to quit the processes but they just end back up on the activity monitor after a system reboot.

Or. Is there a way to fully refresh your RAM back to the way it was (without reinstalling OS) when you first bought your mac?

Help greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't remove those programs properly or completely, otherwise they wouldn't be showing up in the activity monitor. How did you delete them and which programs are you referring to?

Regards.

OP
Z
Reaction score
You didn't remove those programs properly or completely, otherwise they wouldn't be showing up in the activity monitor. How did you delete them and which programs are you referring to?

Regards.

Usually if its a small app I would just search it on finder and gather all data referring to it and drag it into trash. If its large app I would use app zapper (finds all data that is connected to it and displays them for me to delete)

the apps that are taking up some usage are istatmenus and possibly other apps because they have different process names. That is part of my problem aswell. I dont know which process is coming from which app or folder. I do inspect them but gives me dull information about it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Did you uninstall iStatMenus using the uninstall button in the iStatMenus pref pane or did you simply right click it in System Preferences and select remove. If you just right clicked and removed, I suggest reinstalling it and using the uninstall option available in the pref pane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.