ms word 2008 auto-save failed and question on RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro, 2.26 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 160 GB Hard Drive
Last night I was working on my paper which was basically a series of copy-paste operations between two doc files. Then, the software went nut and kept popping up error code saying there was not enough space and thus could not auto-save the change. I had thought there might not be enough RAM (forgive me if my guess is completely idiot) because I did have excel and preview running at the same time to generate and format figures. The istat indicated the RAM had 531 MB inactive and 35 MB free. Does it mean I need to upgrade my RAM?

Well, I am still confused about the RAM thing of mac. The "inactive" RAM is the "unused" memory which used to be occupied but is recently emptied. So, a low free RAM is ok, but a low "free+inactive" is not ok, am I correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Doubtful you have 566MB memory installed as it comes in 256MB, 512MB etc. Is it possible the message said you were running out of space on the gard drive? What size and how much of the drive is in use?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro, 2.26 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 160 GB Hard Drive
I have a 2GB memory and 160 GB hard drive. There is > 100GB space on the hard drive because my MBP is only weeks new. The file I was working on was only about 500 MB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.