MacBook Battery??

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hope your weekend went well anyways as I mentioned previously in one of my threads I went to the Apple Store and I was issued a brand new battery in box. When I called apple care they sent me a battery and from 3 days of use my health went down to 97%. I know it isn't a big deal but just to be safe I went to apple store and demanded to get a brand new battery and they did. Last night I had my MacBook unplugged and it died for about 7hrs so its like I calibrated my battery which I really didn't mean to. Before this happened my current battery capacity was 4,260 104% now it went down to 4,169 to 102% and my original battery capacity is 4,100 is this normal will it start to climb back up eventually. I know before it would go from 4,260 to 4,230, 4240, 4200 etc.... Im not worried since my battery capacity is still 100% + but will the capacity start to climb as I start using it without ac and recharging like normal use....

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Batteries are not an exact science. Your SMC (Systems Management Controller) monitors the stats of the battery over time, based on trends and makes an educated guess as to its health. Over time, regardless of how you use it, the battery's capacity will be diminished. As long as it shows at least 80% health under 300 load cycles, the battery is fine.

Just calibrate the battery occasionally and you should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz 320GB 4GB Ram, iMac 2006, 250GB 2GB RAM & 3G iPhone
Joey, not wanting to hijack your thread, but you seem to have an answer, I have a question too, if you or anyone can suggest anything.....

Also Joey, where does it say your health? Under health in my system info it just says Normal??

I've had my MBP almost a month now, but my battery seems not to perform as well as it did even a month ago, it even used to estimate time left as above 7hrs, now even after a full charge (and calibration) it estimates 6hrs, or sometimes a bit more and goes down quickly. Since I've had my MBP I've used it mainly plugged in, but I've now calibrate twice. I'm going to attempt to use my computer away from the mains more often, but I'm surprised as to how quickly my power stats have diminished. Is this normal?

This is info I got from my computer:

Charge remaining (mAh): 4728
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 5404
Health Information:
Cycle count: 10
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -853
Voltage (mV): 12001

Does that look ok?

OP
J
Reaction score
It seems ok to me this is what mine says Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 3854
Fully charged: Yes
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 4050
Health Information:
Cycle count: 8
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -1075
Voltage (mV): 12217

Download a widget called iStat pro you can google it and I also got another program which actually gives you little more info about the battery if you want you can private message me or if you have aim I will be more than happy to help you out ......

OP
J
Reaction score
OOOMMMGGGGG GRRR....from 104% to 99% Health....

What is going on here.....I think I am way to paranoid and need to be on Prozac or xanax lmaooo...anyways....as I mentioned in my previous post I use Battery Health Monitor to monitor my MB Battery. Last night and past couple days I have had 104% health last night I accidentally left my MB unplugged and I didn't mean to calabrate my battery once my battery died it probably been like that for at least 6hrs...When I get to work I plug it in to charge and it starts off at 102% I had to unplug at 20% because I was going to hit the road...then at 2:00 I plug in and it fully charges at around 4:00pm in afternoon and now when I got home it went down to 99% health My battery capacity is 4,100 and NOWWW wow GREATTTTTTTT as I am typing I just checked my battery monitor and it says 96% 3,945 what is going on here it been steady for past couple days once it been calibrated its been going crazyyy....Does it take time for SMC to pick it up??? Or should I recalibrate it tonight??

P.S: MY FIANCE SAYS IM CRAZYY FOR WRITING THIS LONG PARAGRAPH!!!! SCREWWW HERRR :Angry-Tongue: hahaha

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have to agree with your fiance.

Get rid of that stupid application and use your notebook the way "you" want to use it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Merged threads essentially duplicate threads.

DO NOT create any more on this topic. One silly thread is enough.

You need to stop obsessing over this. It is what it is, I already told you that batteries are not an exact science. Over time, those readings will balance out. As long as it's <80% with less than 300 load cycles, there's nothing wrong with it. Apple's mistake was indulging you by replacing it twice.

OP
J
Reaction score
LOL no problem thanks for everything and Im sorry for double post thanks guys......Hope you enjoy your dayyyy :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Merged threads essentially duplicate threads.

DO NOT create any more on this topic. One silly thread is enough.

You need to stop obsessing over this. It is what it is, I already told you that batteries are not an exact science. Over time, those readings will balance out. As long as it's <80% with less than 300 load cycles, there's nothing wrong with it. Apple's mistake was indulging you by replacing it twice.

DONT BE mad at me :( im sorry for double post hope you enjoy your day **** with it i just deleted all this battery bull****** im going to use my mac and enjoy it

OP
J
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you have to leave your MB in sleep mode for 5 hours in order to calibrate the battery. Once it is drained to 0 and goes to sleep you can you just plug it right in.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.