Mac 'Mail' replying problem...

Reaction score
I have had my MacBook for about 1.5 years now and it has always had this problem but it's really starting to bug me now.

I use 'mail' as my email program...

When i reply to some people's emails all previous replies / text below disappears. I have changed all possible settings in prefences but nothing makes a difference. Sometimes when i forward emails to people they receive a blank email. Its really difficult when trying to do a deal via email as you have to keep ALL corresponding emails rather than just the last received one that has all the replies below...

Please please can someone help :(

OP
A
Reaction score
As i said above... i have tried all the different settings in preferences.

It only happens sometimes when replying to certain people. When i reply to some people (who work for the same company as me and therefore have the same email addresses) i can see whole replies / conversations... but other people (who i also work with and therefore have the same email addresses / server) i can see nothing!!!

I don't get it... do i need to re-install mail? What do i do? :-S

Reaction score
As i said above... i have tried all the different settings in preferences.

Famous last words...

What happens when you highlight the body of the message you're replying to, and then hit Reply?

OP
A
Reaction score
Nothing... still doesn't show up on replies.

When i am writing my replies i can see all the below text but when they receive it there is nothing below.

I run my hotmail account through mail (as i have several email addresses) and 98% of the time i don't have the problem with my hotmail account. Its mainly only with one of my accounts. Could it be the server? I bought this up with our hosting company and they said its nothing to do with them. They are not a big hosting company so i do get good personal help as opposed to a different person in a big company.

I really hope someone can help... :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.