Webcam chat with msn contacts on my mac?

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

As you can probably guess from my name, I'm new to the Mac scene, and the OSX environment. I have been using windows computers for many years, but my knowledge of OSX is lacking somewhat.

I have bought myself a PowerBook G4 and everything is working great, it does everything my old windows computer did, but better.

The only gripe I'm having with it, is that Messenger:Mac does not allow you to use a webcam?:\

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way I could have a webcam conversation with my girlfriend who has a windows computer? And anyone else using a windows computer with MSN? I have tried mercury messenger, and it just says connecting for ages and gives out in the end.

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Thanks in advance guys!

OP
N
Reaction score
Ive just tried aMSN and great, I can see the other person's webcam. However when i try to use my USB webcam, it gives me an error? :( How do i setup my webcam?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You may need to go to the developers website for that webcam and install drivers for your OS X.
It could be a host of other possibilities so here is a link if the drivers aren't the case.
AMSN Wiki : Webcam In aMSN

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.