• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Which Cell Phone Do U Use With Ur Mac??

M

maverick2k

The purpose of this thread is to find out which cell phones are the most compatible with macs and why is it that the phone companies do not ship mac versions of their phone software cds along with the handsets.(mac suite for Nokia). They can atleast be hosted on the company websites for one to download if they cannot fathom supplying it due to the small user base.

So? Which phone do you use with your mac? Compatibility? And does it compliment the mac aesthetically???

Will start with me.....I use a Sony Ericsson K700i and connect it to my ibook via bluetooth. Sony ercissons seem to have greater comaptibility with macs. iSync works gr8. And Sony Ericsson provides a mac version of its theme creator too..... http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17113

Don't know about data cable compatibility. Any info about other manufacturers......Nokia, Motorola, Samsung......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I've got a sony ericsson P900 that i connect via bluetooth, can't get the dock thingy to work!
And a Samsung D500 which i connect via bluetooth also.
Both work effortlessly
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have a Motorola v600 which I sync with a cable and it has bluetooth file transfer capability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I have a Nokia 7610 which is a Series 60 (Symbian) phone.

My previous phone (Nokia 6600) worked fine with iSync but this one is not supported by iSync and there is no software for connectivity. All I do is transfer images and sound clips & videos with Bluetooth.

I'm getting rid of this and getting a Motorola V3 RAZR next week. I hear that it has better compatibility with OS X.

OP
N

numacuser

I have a V3 Razer and have the option to connect it to my computer but I don't bother becuase you can't really do anything useful with it on here.

Sam

Reaction score
I've got a motorolla v220 which has a camera in it but no mac software to download the poor quality pictures, shame. I have read that it's all possible with virtual PC and the address book and modem functions are accessible with OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
S700i and it does all that i want it to with iSync :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I use a crappy kerosera stick phone it does the job. no isync but it does have tetris :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
i use my nokia 6820 and use the bluetooth to transmit pictures. right now i'm rockin an older moto mpx200 that i got from my friend; it's worthless for purposes other than a phone :) ; at least it looks cool :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I have a beat-up Motorola V60. I've used it with iSync to sync contacts over a USB cable, but it seems kind of pointless to me. I don't have eMail addresses for most of the people on my phone, and I don't have phone numbers for about half of the people in my Address Book.

I don't really see the need for anthing fancier than this phone. Bluetooth, PDAs, cameras, color screens, and other junk just use battery power and take up space. Plus, the newer phones seem so cheap and plastic-y.

Heck, I still have a land line.

Reaction score
I currently have a verizon wireless audiovox camera phone, which is great. However, I will upgrade soon in order to get a phone with bluetooth. But since verizon's only bluetooth 'phone' is the v710, which has gotten poor reviews, I will probably switch to Cingular and get the V3 RAZR.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.