Mac Book Pro 15'' noob..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT, Magic Mouse, iPhone 4, iPod
hey guys, Just got my first Apple Computer (MacBook Pro) 15", 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HD, nVidia GeForce 9600m GT. Got a really good price on it, and I must say, I love it!!..

**** Apple. First the iPhone, now a Macbook Pro.. What next!?? lol

Anyways, Im a huge accessories guy, just got the Apple Magic Mouse and thats pretty cool. Ordered a nice Apple case, and just ordered the mini display for my monitor at the office. So I wanna know.. What next? I use my MacBook Pro to edit pictures (Photoshop CS4). I do Automotive Photography as a hobby. Any suggestions welcome, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
I really don't think you need anything else. It sounds like you already have everything you could need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
If you do photography as a hobby, you will probably want a little more than iPhoto. Take a look at Aperture. It has great organization, and it handles external editors like Photoshop (Elements) a lot better than iPhoto.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT, Magic Mouse, iPhone 4, iPod
If you do photography as a hobby, you will probably want a little more than iPhoto. Take a look at Aperture. It has great organization, and it handles external editors like Photoshop (Elements) a lot better than iPhoto.

I've heard so much about Aperture. But, Im a big PS guy. Whats the advantage of using Aperture over PS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
I am a long time PS user. I gave Aperture a try, but came back to Photoshop. Not because Aperture is an inferior program, just because familiarity with PS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I only use a couple of the Aperture edit tools. Basically I like Aperture for its photo organization and it allows you to edit in an external editor (Photoshop) and save directly back into Aperture. iPhoto won't do that. In iPhoto you have to save an externally edited photo to an intermediary folder, then reimport the edited image back into iPhoto with a new name. Of course Aperture integrates seamlessly with other Apple apps.

PS: I'm getting a little confused here because it's been so long since I've used iPhoto. Maybe it was only RAW files that would not save back directly to iPhoto. Anyway, I find Aperture much easier to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.