Problems with aluminium macbook unibody LCD

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently got a new lcd for my macbook unibody, started putting it in, connected the lvds connector and the screen lit up fine.
After i finished putting the computer back together and after a restart, i noticed that the backlight had gone out, but the screen was still working.
I checked both sides of the lvds cord to see if they were connected right, with no luck.
So I tested the old lcd, and i found that the backlight was not working on the old lcd screen either...
Im hoping someone could tell me what its likely to be?
Its out of warranty, so im out of luck there...
Any help is appreciated... Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you double checked your work (especially the cabling) and everything is OK, that leaves the inverter as the likely suspect. The inverter provides converted (inverted) power to the backlight. Check with the folks at ifixit to get a new inverter and how to change one out.

iFixit: Apple Mac, MacBook, iPod, and iPhone Repair Parts

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Gday, im pretty sure the LED backlight ones dont have inverters... i might try a new LVDS cable? andyone know where i should get one? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.