Epson Stylus NX-515

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
just bought one. i read all the reviews and even though it said it was an ink hog and loud we bought it. so far the set up was extremely easy. the hardest part of the wireless network set up was entering it's MAC address into my allow list and putting the password into the printer. It says that the Snow Leopard software was different so i am downloading it now to the wife's MBP 13". i am really excited to get a new printer and that i got a wireless one for under $100. i will keep you updated.

Dylan

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
while installing to the Snow Leopard MBP 13", the event manager install hung up. i quit the installer and the rest of the installs ran fine. i will be scanning some stuff to see how it works from each computer.

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so, the scan from the iMac G5 running Tiger and hooked via USB worked great. The scan from the MacBook running Tiger hooked up via network also worked great. the scan from the MBP running Snow Leopard hooked up via network was ok.

first off, the scanning program included did not install properly and i was unable to use it. I had to go to the printer utility to scan. it worked. just this instant i was navigating through the MBP to figure out how i got to it and found the scanner setup in the Utilities folder. after a few quick changes, the scanner program worked and all is well.

the program has 3 modes. i used the ink reference cut from the setup diagram to scan. now i am not the straightest scissor man in the world. the automatic mode probably would be great if you have perfectly square items with border that were easy for it to detect. i initially used this mode because i just wanted to scan and did not mess around with anything else. it scanned the image and put it in my default Pictures folder.
the second mode is home. here you can choose from different types of scans. i was unable to select the area that i wanted to scan after the preview. so i moved on to the next mode. The office mode allowed me to choose what kind of scan i was going to make and it let me tell it where i wanted it to scan. i used this mode. it worked great. the final mode is the professional mode. i took one look at it and decided that i had no clue what to do with it and left it.

all in all, the scanner works great and the scanning program is just ok. the home mode could be more manageable and the office mode could be a little more intuitive.

Reaction score
I got the same model a couple of months ago and love it! Extremely fast, great quality and had no problems setting it up or running it.

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i must say that it is quite larger than the HP it replaced. yes it is really fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.