Connecting 3 year old white MB to plasma HDMI?

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been a lurker for a while but finally jumping in with a question...for a friend who just emailed me!

They have a 3 or 4 year old white macbook and would like to connect it to their LG plasma. Now, I have no idea what connections the plasma has but assuming there must be a way to connect via HDMI with some kind of lead - I'm also not sure what connections the old white MB has which is why I thought I'd be best if asking here.

Any help very much appreciated :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Like this?

I'm fairly certain the old Macbook (iBook?) has VGA output to go to a monitor.

OP
S
Reaction score
Right ok thanks. I'm not sure if it's an ibook or not, not familiar with that range of older Macs :( I just know it's the white one that came out alongside the higher spec black one.

Also, it appears that the real reason for wanting to know about connecting from a tv is she wants to get the sound from the mac out via the tv...however the headphone socket is broken, so I guess that probably means there isn't much that can be done?!

Thanks for the speedy reply btw :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Right ok thanks. I'm not sure if it's an ibook or not, not familiar with that range of older Macs :( I just know it's the white one that came out alongside the higher spec black one.

Also, it appears that the real reason for wanting to know about connecting from a tv is she wants to get the sound from the mac out via the tv...however the headphone socket is broken, so I guess that probably means there isn't much that can be done?!

Thanks for the speedy reply btw :)

If that's when it came out, then it's a Macbook. ;)

VGA is display only; since the jack is broken you may be SOL. Sound card is soldered onto the motherboard. :( Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nice portfolio btw ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.