Windows Live Messenger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"; 3.06 Ghz; 4gb RAM; 500 GB HD 7200 rpm;
When I run windows live messenger on windows 7 on my boot camp, it freezes. While im on 7, i can run skype with video and games. But when I try the same thing on windows live, itll freeze at random times. Is there any way of fixing this?

macbook pro, 17inch, 3.06 processor w 4 gb of ram.

Another random thing I noticed is that under the system properties it says it only uses 2.54 of my ram. I'm running 32 bit windows 7, I thought it uses up to 3.5, well around there, of ram. Is something wrong with my windows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As for Windows Live, it sounds like a problem with the MS server or your ISP. Since Skype and games are running OK, your video settings are fine.

In order to get the maximum use of your memory in Windows 7 32 bit, download the free "Ultimate Windows Tweaker" from here. It has a "tweak" that will make your 4 GB available to Windows 7.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"; 3.06 Ghz; 4gb RAM; 500 GB HD 7200 rpm;
okay thanks, ill try that program.
so is there anyway for me to fix the messenger or do i need to contact my isp?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure if there is any way to remove and reinstall Windows Live messenger but you might give that a try first.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.