How do I Copy my iWeb site from my Mac Pro to my iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 core Mac Pro, 21.5" iMac, 13" Macbook Pro, iPhone 4
I have a site created with iWeb 08 on my Mac Pro and I need to now edit and work on the site on my iMac at home instead (new iMac iWeb09)

Where are the site files kept and what do I need to copy over? I copied the "Sites" folder in my home folder to my imac but iWeb09 still doesn't open the site when launched.

Any clues?

Cheers
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Open your home folder then navigate to Library/Application Support/iWeb/, and copy the Domain file from within to your new iMac. Be sure to save the Domain file on your iMac if you've created any other Web sites already.

OP
stevetgn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 core Mac Pro, 21.5" iMac, 13" Macbook Pro, iPhone 4
Open your home folder then navigate to Library/Application Support/iWeb/, and copy the Domain file from within to your new iMac. Be sure to save the Domain file on your iMac if you've created any other Web sites already.

Thanks for the reply.

There isn't an iWeb folder in Application Support on my iMac. I'm assuming thats because I haven't created a site on the iMac yet?

So if I just dump the folder there from my Mac Pro iWeb will just open the site when launched?

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Probably. It's at least worth a try.

Reaction score
Very impressive instruction nabl, Right now i am also facing same problem here.
I am going to try your suggestion.

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Dragging up an old thread, but I'm moving everything to a new SSD and I can't find that folder either...and I most certainly do have a web page built. Using iWeb 3.0.4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.