HP printer help ive tryed everything.

Reaction score
I bought a HP Photosmart C4680 all in one printer at the mac store a while back as a back to school type of thing for collage (it came with a discount for my new macbook pro) and low and behold it doesn't work, i've tryed everything from updating my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the universal printer whatnots that came with os 10.6 and it still wont work.... but i think i'm getting ahead of my self a bit.

when i try to print something i goto file->print... and theres no printer there so i goto add printer, and the printer doesent show up on the list, please ive been at this almost all night any help would be appreciated.

oh and i have it plugged in with my usb cord.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
1. Uninstall software
- Applications-> Hewlett Packard -> HP Uniinstaller
2. Restart Computer
3. Delete trash
4. Go to Disk Utility
- click mac hd
- verify disk permission, once completed,
- repair disk permission, once completed, close
5. Restart computer
- Insert your MAC OS X install DVD
- click optional installs
- click optional installs.mpkg
- continue as directed
- click printer support
- install
6. Restart computer
- Make sure printer is on and USB is connected to the computer
- update software (apple (upper left) , update software)
- Go to System Preferences
- Go to Print & Fax
- Click plus ( +, bottom left)
- If there is a queue for the printer click continue and then delete the previous one that should pop up in the print & fax window
- You should now be good to go and the new printer should "take"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.