Want to make NTFS hard disc(Seagate 1TB) Read & Write in mac

Reaction score
How to make the 1 TB Seagate external hard disc ( NTFS formatted ) compatible with mac os ?
Its reading in mac but i dont have READ & WRITE option ?
Since the hard disc is almost full its not possible to reformat it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX are you running? If it's 10.6 Snow Leopard there is a built in way to R/W to NTFS. You enable it with the terminal command. It only works in Snow Leopard 10.6.

Here you go, a mounter. You don't even need the terminal command.

http://ntfsmounter.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
dtravis7 - Have you tried Snow Leopard's native support? I've Googled around but there seems to be an awful lot of info around doubting it's stability/reliability etc.

I'm happy with the Paragon solution so I haven't tried it. Just wondering if anyone else has.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I know CWA here on Mac Forums has and is using it and says it works great. There are others also. I have it but don't use it much as most of my external drives are either native OSX format or FAT32. I just have one external that is set up NTFS for large video files from Windows.

All the people I know who are using it say it works perfectly.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
dtravis7 - Have you tried Snow Leopard's native support? I've Googled around but there seems to be an awful lot of info around doubting it's stability/reliability etc.

I'm happy with the Paragon solution so I haven't tried it. Just wondering if anyone else has.

I have Paragon NTFS and built in Snow Leopard support (using ntfsMounter) and prefer the SL method. I use it extensively and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.